Natural Home Remedies for Eye Infections
Natural home remedies for Eye Infections home treatment should be used for minor infections after consulting with a qualified doctor to avoid chances of aggravation. Besides, proper diagnosis can help determine the condition to rule out the possibility of any serious disease.
• Eyebright herb is one of the best natural home remedies for Eye Infections. You can take eyebright tea, tincture or liquid extract, or use a light mixture (a teaspoon of dried eyebright steeped in a pint of boiling water) as an eye wash about 3-4 times in a day. It can also be used as a compress over eyes.
Do not take this natural remedy in excess or else it may give rise to issues like nausea, fatigue, restlessness, increased eye pressure, swelling, difficulty breathing etc. It should not be followed by pregnant and nursing women.
• Using aloe vera juice as eyewash is a highly beneficial natural cure for Eye Infections. You can also soak a piece of cloth in the juice and place it over your eyes to reduce Eye Infection. It is particularly helpful in healing Stye. Warm tea bags or compresses can also be used to cure Sty naturally.
• Add 2-3 granules of alum in a glass of distilled water and use this mixture as eyewash for about one week to get rid of Eye Infections like Stye.
• Placing warm compresses infused with lavender rose or chamomile oil is another useful Eye Infections home remedy.
• Add three tablespoons of honey in about two cups of boiling water and use this solution to wash your eyes in order to reduce Eye Infections. Or, you can simply put one or two drops of honey in eye for 2-3 times in a day.
• In case there is swelling, you can mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder in two cups of water and put a few drops of this solution about three times in a day.
• Placing cold bread over the eyes is one of the simplest natural home remedies for Eye Infections to reduce itching and inflammation. Cold tea bags can be placed over eyes to relieve burning sensation. Cold red raspberry tea bags are quite soothing in this regard.
• Boil a teaspoon of coriander seeds in a cup of water, strain the solution and use it as eyewash to get rid of Eye Infections caused by bacteria.
• Licorice root and elderberry blossom tea are considered as therapeutic Eye Infections home remedies. Proper dosage of these herbal remedies, however, should be determined by a doctor or naturopath.
• Application of marigold compress over eyes is a valuable natural remedy for Eye Infections, particularly Pink Eye. Jasmine flowers can also be used in Pink Eye natural treatment.
Just add about 7-8 jasmine flowers in a jar filled with distilled water, close the lid and leave it overnight. Finally, put a few drops of this solution in your eyes in the morning. Use this homemade medicine 3-4 times in a day to heal the infection.
• Boric acid eye wash is another useful Eye Infection natural cure for Conjunctivitis because it has antibacterial and antifungal properties. To prepare this eyewash, add one teaspoon of boric acid and ten drops of goldenseal tincture in a cup of boiling water.
Cool and pour this solution in an eye cup, immerse the affected eye in it and then clean the eye with a clean soft towel. Do not forget to remove your lenses before using this remedy.